The firm’s client-facing professionals are supported in their work by a team that guides the firm’s administrative, human resources, information technology, financial, and marketing functions. Within this group, the Office Manager is tasked with ensuring the effectiveness of the firm’s operational infrastructure and with maintaining a healthy and supportive environment. for staff and visitors. The Office Manager plays a significant role in maintaining and reinforcing the firm’s culture. In addition, the Office Manager will support internal company-wide initiatives.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinate all troubleshooting efforts with the firm’s managed service provider (IT vendor), including serving as the staff’s first point of contact and filter for all IT issues.
- Liaise with ADP, the firm’s PEO, to process paperwork related to employee benefits upon the arrival of a new hire, during the firm’s annual enrollment period, and for all recurring benefits.
- Maintain documentation of employee benefit information, including details of current insurance plans, the staff vacation calendar and annual leave.
- Liaise with employees in coordinating benefits, including leave-related insurance benefits.
- Support recruitment efforts, which may include posting and maintaining job descriptions, reviewing applications, and coordinating candidate interviews.
- Lead new employee onboarding efforts and ensure consistency with company’s systems.
- Maintain the quality of the firm’s office space, including liaising with the firm’s cleaning service, placing service requests for plumbers / copier technicians / other contractors, liaising with the building’s facilities team, etc.
- Manage purchasing and inventory for office supplies and pantry items.
- Coordinate access to firmwide subscription-based services, such as an online file-sharing platform, a conference call service, and industry databases and publications.
- Provide basic mailroom services, including preparation of items for shipping/messenger service and daily distribution of mail.
- Regularly review general mailboxes (voicemail and email) and redirect inquiries to appropriate staff members.
- Administratively support the Management Team as needed.
In addition, the other responsibilities of the position will include:
- Support preparation for meetings, events, and other activities that occur in the office, in person outside of the office, and virtually, and which may include food & beverage orders and other conferencing set-ups.
- Coordinate staff activities, such as monthly birthday celebrations and a summer outing, and liaise with related vendors, including caterers and venue staff.
- Process and document purchases for marketing activities, such as tickets to conferences and client-facing events, in support of marketing budget management.
- Maintain the firm’s Salesforce database, which may include continual review and clean-up of new database inputs and assisting with further build-out of the database structure.
- Support enforcement of the firm’s workplace standards, such as tracking employees’ weekly entry of billable time.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Office Manager will work closely with staff and senior leadership. The Office Manager will work closely with the Head of Marketing, although much of their workload will be independently organized and implemented. The Office Manager role is full-time, New York-based, and reports to the President.
Ideal candidates for the position of or will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- At least four (4) years of experience in an operations or administrative role within the professional services industry is required.
- Professional experience serving as a firm’s liaison to outside vendors, specifically including Managed Service Providers / IT vendors, is required.
- Higher/continuing education credentials in Operations, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field are strongly preferred.
- A passion for partnering with others to make a positive societal impact.
- An aptitude for consensus-building and motivating action in others, including senior leadership.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, including presentational skills.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of organization, including a natural talent for maintaining and improving internal systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and O365, specifically in a Windows-based environment. Past professional experience with Salesforce is a significant plus.
Compensation is salary-based and commensurate with experience. Annual bonuses are available, subject to excellent performance of the individual and of the firm at large. The firm offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title of “Office Manager” in the subject line. Initial screenings will begin on September 19th; Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Additional information can be found at www.denhamwolf.com/careers
Denham Wolf has been an equal opportunity employer since its founding, fostering an open-minded workplace that embraces different viewpoints and ideas. Today, Denham Wolf invests in talent that shares a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging and encourages candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join our team of professionals. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.