The Project Manager will work closely with Senior Project Managers and the Director of Project Management to serve a range of nonprofit clients, occasionally acting as a client’s primary point of contact. In addition, the Project Manager is expected to participate in the firm’s marketing efforts and contribute to improvements to the group’s internal operations and initiatives. Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Supporting the selection of project team members and other vendors required for design and construction projects, including defining scopes of work, RFP administration, and bid leveling.
- Coordinating and monitoring the work of team members and other vendors, including supporting their adherence to government requirements and other certifications/standards, and acting as liaison between team members, vendors, the client, and Denham Wolf.
- Assisting in the development of space programs and design fit plans.
- Development of project budgets, and subsequently tracking and coordinating the financial performance of projects. Responsibilities include supporting the administration and reporting processes related to project funding as well as value engineering, among others.
- Development of project schedules, and subsequently tracking and coordinating those schedules.
- Implementing communication plans for meetings and preparing agendas and meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Attending regular design and/or construction meetings to monitor progress and report major findings to Senior Project Manager and/or Director of Project Management.
- Oversight of furniture, fixture, and equipment procurement and installations.
- Oversight of project close-out process.
- Reading and understanding project documents including agreements/contracts, leases, surveys and drawings.
- Collaborating with Denham Wolf’s other service groups, Transaction Services and Development Services, to support their clients with preliminary space programming, site due diligence work, and other related tasks.
- Preparing proposals, conducting new client interviews, and leading presentations in support of Denham Wolf’s marketing efforts.
- Other responsibilities in support of Denham Wolf’s clients and workplace quality.
The role of Project Manager is full-time, New York-based, and reports to the Director of Project Management Services. This position includes both in-person and remote work components.
Ideal candidates for the position of Project Manager will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- A relevant graduate degree is preferred (preferably in building sciences, architecture, engineering, or real estate); an undergraduate degree is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the commercial real estate and/or AEC industries.
- Excellent technical skills related to the oversight of design and construction projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving and consensus-building.
- Proficient with AutoCAD drafting and other relevant computer-aided design software.
- Relevant experience in designing for office interiors experience, including knowledge of workplace design strategies.
Compensation is salary-based. Performance bonuses are available, subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an educational stipend.
Denham Wolf has been an equal opportunity employer since its founding, fostering an open-minded workplace that embraces different viewpoints and ideas. Today, Denham Wolf invests in talent that shares a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title and service line of “Project Manager, Project Management” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Initial screenings will begin on May 27th; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. First-round interviews will be virtual while subsequent interviews may be in-person.