This role will work closely with other members of the Development Services group to serve a range of clients, often acting as a client’s primary point of contact. In addition, this role has the opportunity to participate in the firm’s marketing efforts and contribute to improvements to the group’s internal operations and initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading development planning and site feasibility analysis.
- Overseeing selection and coordination of a professional team, including real estate and land use counsel, architects, and specialty consultants.
- Preparing Developer RFPs and coordinating the selection process.
- Assisting in the negotiation of term sheets and other transaction documents.
- Conducting extensive market analysis to identify and assess potential development sites.
- Conducting financial analysis for a range of potential real estate scenarios.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules.
- Collaborating with Denham Wolf’s other service groups, Transaction Services and Project Management Services, as necessary.
- Preparing proposals, conducting new client interviews, and leading presentations in support of Denham Wolf’s marketing efforts.
- Other responsibilities in support of Denham Wolf’s clients and workplace quality.
- Ideal candidates for this role will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for real estate development that enriches local communities and empowers New York City’s nonprofits.
- A graduate degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate, Business Administration, Architecture, or related field is preferred; an undergraduate degree is required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience working in real estate, specifically in development, planning, financial, or legal capacity, or working in architecture, community development, or construction management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including persuasive writing and presentation skills, and the ability to convey complex information to people with varying levels of real estate experience.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving and consensus-building.
- Proficiency in financial modeling for real estate development projects.
- Strong understanding of New York City zoning, land use, and entitlement process (including ULURP).
- Professional experience with New York City nonprofits and/or government agencies, as well as with local real estate developers, is preferred.
- Familiarity with affordable housing programs and other subsidy programs for nonprofits is preferred.
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint is required.
This position is full-time and New York-based. This position includes both in-person and remote work components.
Compensation is salary-based. Performance bonuses are available, subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an educational stipend.
Denham Wolf has been an equal opportunity employer since its founding, fostering an open-minded workplace that embraces different viewpoints and ideas. Today, Denham Wolf invests in talent that shares a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and service line of “Project Manager, Development Services” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Initial screenings will begin on August 12th; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. First-round interviews will be virtual while subsequent interviews may be in-person.