The Senior Transactions Manager will be a leader within the Transaction Services group, one of three focused but highly collaborative client-facing practice groups at Denham Wolf. All members of the Transaction Services group learn and participate in the full range of brokerage and transaction-related consulting services provided by the firm. However, the Senior Transactions Manager will specialize in the sale of vacant or owner-occupied premises and development sites on behalf of local nonprofits.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Transactions Manager include:
- Collect and review due diligence materials such as zoning and massing studies, property condition reports, environmental reports, Landmarks Preservation Commission designation reports, appraisals, and mortgages.
- Articulate the highest and best use(s) of a property, factoring in opportunities for creative repositioning or redevelopment.
- Help prepare presentation-quality financial analyses such as broker opinions of value, cash flow projections, cap rate calculations, and sensitivity analyses, primarily using Excel.
- Organize and maintain custom property information and transaction documents. Oversee the translation of this information for marketing purposes.
- Collaborate with an in-house marketing team and external vendors on the design and production of property marketing materials such as offering memoranda, set-ups, eblasts, and signage.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of property listings on third-party sites.
- Help identify and selectively conduct outreach to potential buyers.
- Organize and conduct in-person property tours.
- Respond to complex inquiries from potential buyers, and oversee tracking and reporting related to these communications.
- Regularly provide written marketing updates to clients.
- Lead project communications with clients, often including C-suite decision-makers and external stakeholders from the nonprofit’s funding, legal, and program partners.
- Orchestrate the various processes necessary for negotiating successful, creative, and sometimes unexpected real estate transactions.
- Advocate for the nonprofit client with rigor and intention throughout contract negotiations.
- Draft and, when appropriate, collaborate with counsel on preparing agreements such as listing agreements, LOIs, and purchase and sale agreements.
The Transaction Services group is supported by a team of Analysts and Associates, and the Senior Transactions Manager is expected to take a leading role in training and mentoring these emerging professionals. The Senior Transactions Manager will also work regularly with the Director of Transaction Services, who oversees the group, and with Denham Wolf’s President.
The Senior Transactions Manager role is full-time, New York-based, reports directly to the Director of Transaction Services, and includes both in-person and remote work components.
Ideal candidates for the position of Senior Transactions Manager will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- A passion for serving the nonprofit community and for partnering with others to make a positive societal impact is essential.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving and consensus-building.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively sophisticated experience in brokerage or transactional real estate. Professionals currently working in New York City’s commercial real estate industry will receive priority consideration.
- A demonstrated ability to manage a property sales transaction from start to finish.
- A New York State real estate license is required.
- An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in Real Estate, Finance, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical skills related to real estate, specifically including valuation/appraisal/opinion of value, are required.
- Strong communication skills, including persuasive writing skills and the ability to present complex information to audiences with varying levels of real estate experience, is required. Comfort in both one-on-one and large group settings is strongly preferred.
- Professional experience with nonprofits, government agencies, public funding mechanisms, and/or nonprofit-specific financing is a significant plus.
Compensation for all full-time professionals at Denham Wolf, including the role of Senior Transactions Manager, is salary-based and is commensurate with experience. The base salary for this position is $110,000-$145,000. Performance bonuses and other compensation incentives are available and subject to meeting and exceeding defined performance metrics. Denham Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Transactions Manager” in the subject line. Applications with a cover letter will receive priority consideration. As of October 2022, initial screenings are underway. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Denham Wolf has been an equal opportunity employer since its founding, fostering an open-minded workplace that embraces different viewpoints and ideas. Today, Denham Wolf invests in talent that shares a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We enthusiastically welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join our team of professionals.