December 16, 2021
Prime Hell’s Kitchen Assemblage - Former Church, Rectory, and Parish House
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services, as the exclusive agent, is pleased to present a unique acquisition opportunity—a vacant three-building property arranged around a large central courtyard. The property is significantly underdeveloped and is waiting for a buyer’s personal touch or a more substantial redevelopment.
- Vacant possession
- Charming and popular residential neighborhood
- 80 feet of frontage along West 53rd Street with curb-cut
- 70’ x 34’ column-free space with 22’ ceilings
- Approximately 19,010 SF of excess development rights
- Recently approved ZRD1 allows for the redevelopment of rectory and parish house while retaining existing church for adaptive reuse
- Nearby major Manhattan attractions
- One of only a few streets in Hell’s Kitchen with a commercial zoning district overlay
- Unique opportunity for a religious organization, educational institution, mixed-use developer, or performing arts organization
The property, on the border of Midtown West and Hell’s Kitchen, is situated a few short blocks away from Central Park and Midtown’s many other landmarks such as The Hearst Tower, the new Deutsche Bank Center, and Nordstrom Department Store. Major tourist attractions include Broadway, MoMA, the Museum of Arts and Design as well as some of the City’s most beloved Michelin-starred restaurants.
The Italianate-style Red Brick pedimented Church, constructed in 1869 by RC McLane, has a fascinating history and boasts a column-free sanctuary space with 22’ high ceilings. The rectory is a mid-20th Century addition in the “Mission” style.
The three buildings total approximately 18,144 SF and present a prime opportunity for an owner-user to update the spaces or a developer to undertake a unique adaptive reuse project incorporating significant unused development rights.
For additional information and access to the virtual deal room please contact the exclusive broker: