January 30, 2023
26-Foot-Wide Townhouse in The East Village
Denham Wolf Real Estate Services, as exclusive agent, is pleased to present a unique acquisition opportunity – a vacant, 8,372 SF landmarked townhouse most recently used as an administrative and residential community facility building.
- Delivered fully vacant
- First time available in nearly 150 years
- Historic Greek Revival landmarked townhouse
- Original period details, including pocket doors, six marble fireplaces, window and door casings, and an elegant grand staircase waiting for a buyer’s touch
- Heart of one of NYC’s most vibrant neighborhoods
- +-4,628 ZFA potential excess development rights
- Multiple exterior areas, including an ornate wrought-iron parlor balcony and oversized large rear terrace
- Bordering NYU and Cooper Union
This individually Landmarked building, with 26 feet of frontage on the east side of Second Avenue, between East 6th and East 7th Streets, is offered with vacant possession. The townhouse, built in 1838 in the Greek Revival style, is the only survivor of four original row houses. The five-story, red brick building, which includes a garden level of approximately 102’ depth, features a brownstone portico with Ionic columns and a high stoop leading to the original Italianate paneled double doors. The parlor level has 13’8” ceiling heights with long parlor windows that lead to a large terrace to the rear and an ornate cast-iron balcony at the front. The property features an additional rear courtyard at garden level and retains some beautiful original details such as pocket doors, polished plaster columns, marble fireplaces, window and door casings, and an elegant grand staircase. Bring your architect when you tour this significant historic building with seemingly unlimited potential.
For additional information and access to the virtual deal room please contact the exclusive broker: